WordPress has become one of the world’s most Popular Content Management Systems (CMS) & one of the popular choices for Individuals, small business owners, Bloggers, Startups & Fortune 500 companies.
Did you know: Most popular websites The Newyork Times, Forbes, Reuters, Mashable, Digg, Samsung, Mercedes-Benz, Coca-Cola, Techcrunch & much more are powered by WordPress
It’s free, but the reason why people prefer WordPress is due to its extensibility using plugins. You can improve your site’s functionality using plugins. A plugin is a small piece/bits of code that can be added to the site to attain required functionality.
Note: Also, plugin installation is very easy but you have to check whether the plugin supports your WordPress version & it is up to date.
WordPress offers a flexible development approach through plugins which can even be tailored according to the user needs. There are thousands of plugins in the market, figuring out which plugin will suit your business requirement is another tedious process but that’s not a big deal.
Before installing plugins you will have to Clean-up your WordPress site.
Top 10 must have WordPress plugins in 2017
You can use these plugins for better performance & security.
1. Contact form 7 – Form Creation Plugin
You can create and manage multiple & complex forms with Contact form 7 plugin. You can customize this forms based on your needs.
- Supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering.
- Has become the de-facto standard for all your email and file upload forms.
- Flexible & easy to use.
- Translation option available.
To install goto Plugins << “Add New” << Install << Activate – You will find Contact menu in your WordPress admin panel after the plugin has been successfully installed.
SEO Yoast & All in One SEO Pack is one of the most widely used plugins which is used to optimize WordPress sites/blog for all Search Engines like Google, Yahoo & Bing.
All in One SEO Features:
- Google AMP support.
- XML Sitemaps functionality.
- Canonical URLs, META tags & RSS Optimizations.
- PHP 7 100% Compatible.
Yoast SEO Features:
- Page analysis tool with Technical Search Engine Optimization suggestions.
- XML Sitemaps functionality
- RSS Optimizations
- Multi-site functionality
3. Akismet – Spam Prevention Plugin
Akismet is an Anti-Spam Checker which stops Spam comment in your WordPress site/blog. Akismet is a Hosted Web Service that detects user comments and tracks spam easily. Akismet can be accessed by its plugin and APIs.
- Auto checks for spam & filters the comments.
- You can review & discard spam comments and save the disk space.
4. Google XML Sitemaps – XML Sitemaps
This plugin generates a special XML sitemap which helps all search engines to index your WordPress site/blog very easily. XML sitemap helps the search engine crawlers to crawl the structure of your site and retrieve the page content, links and it supports WordPress pages and Custom URLs.
5. Google Analytics for WORDPRESS – Analytics
Google Analytics allows you to track your site visitors with lots of customizable reports & meta-data that will help you to view demographics, age, the source of visitors etc and even tracks outbound clicks and page views. It easily connects to your Google Ad Sense and Google Analytics accounts.
- Real-time Stats ( Visitors, Session, Traffic)
- Analytic reports, Tracking.
- Download the reports, events & dimensions.
6. WP Smushit– Image Optimization Plugin
With this image optimization plugin, you can resize, compress & optimize all your images. This plugin helps you to make your website load faster and it increases site performance.
- Compatible with media library plugins.
- Processes & compresses any image file type: JPEG, GIF & PNG.
7. Page builder by Siteorgin – Page Creation Plugin
Creating a responsive column based content & using the widgets you know and love has become very easy with this page builder plugin by siteorgin. The content you create will adapt to all mobile devices, ensuring your site is responsive & mobile-ready.
Page Builder Features:
- Works with all themes.
- Unique row & widget styles.
- Available in 17 languages.
8. W3 Total Cache Plugin – Web Performance & Optimization Plugin
Use this plugin to improve your site’s overall performance. W3 Total Cache WordPress plugin also helps in improving SEO and over-all user experience of your site by reducing load times via CDN integration.
W3 Total Cache Features:
- Compatible with all types of hosting: shared & virtual private/dedicated servers and dedicated servers (or) clusters.
- Transparent CDN management with Media Library, Theme files, and WordPress.
- AMP support.
9. WordFence – Security Plugin
Keep your site safe & secured with “WordFence” plugin. Wordfence prevents your site from malware attacks & hacks. An email notification will be sent to site owner whenever there is an attack, update available for WordPress versions or plugins and thus making us keep a website up to date.
- Supports all themes & plugins.
- Real-time monitoring & scanning.
10. Updraft – Backup Plugin
Keep your site always safe with “updraft” plugin. With UpdraftPlus you can backup your site files and Database & store it on cloud Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, email,..etc
- Auto-backup options.
- Duplicates sites & migration option is also available.
Have you used any one of these WordPress plugins on your site? Would you like to add any others to the above-mentioned list? Let us know in the comments below.